Plan G: Plumbing
record and note your design specs: download
what you need
to do —
- Identify any special plumbing needs by room:
— utility sink in garage
— wet bar in recreation room
— plumbing for unfinished basement, etc.
- Start the plumbing when the house has been "dried"
windows, doors, and roof installed.
- There are many new plumbing materials that can reduce
your cost. See below for information.
- If your lot has access to public sewer systems,
you will need to connect to it. If not, you will be
installing a septic tank system.
- Sewer systems work with the flow of gravity
your lowest sink and drain, situated in the basement
for example, must be higher than the sewer line.
- Tubs, toilets, basins, and showers may be installed
at this time. If not, plumbing to the point of connection
needs to be double checked so that there won't be
- Your water heater may also be installed during this
phase. Check out the new water heating systems before
you complete your plumbing specifications.
- Visit our Home Improvement Gallery for complete
information on plumbing and fixtures:
view center: plumbing
view center: bathroom
view center: kitchen
view center: water
- Check plumbing codes:
- From howstuffworks.com:
- Find Pre-screened Contractors:
click to search
Search local yellow pages: